Alcoa is in search of a Financial Accounting Analyst based in Pittsburgh, PA supporting the Alumina HQ business unit. The position will report to the Alumina HQ Finance Manager the Financial Accounting Analyst position performs a wide variety of regular and recurring accounting and analytical functions of a moderately complex nature in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and standards, regulations, laws and company policies and practices. Tasks range from journal entries to reconciliations, planning, forecasting, bridging, etc.
- Ability to accurately forecast and plan results to meet expectations of Alcoa shareholders and stakeholders
- Various weekly and monthly variance analysis bridges for Alumina HQ entities
- Accounting and financial analysis functions for a combination of general accounting ledger(s)
- Prepare reports (internal and external)
- Monitor and maintain key controls, including preparation of ASATs, account reconciliations, and audit backup
- Month end location closing activities including the review of financial statements and account reconciliations with follow up and corrective action as needed
- GASE analysis to identify overhead reductions and continue to streamline refining overhead allocation process
- Supply data for the preparation of local, state, and Federal tax returns and statements in a timely and accurate manner according to corporate policy and governing regulations and laws. Support data requests for tax audits.
- Assist in the deployment of business unit initiatives
- Developing and following standard work to ensure location, business unit and Alcoa Corporate deadlines are met
- B.S. Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum 4years experience with detailed hands on general, cost and financial accounting and financial analysis to include forecasting, variance analysis, bridges, planning, financial consolidation, and month/year end close.
- M.S. Degree in Accounting, Finance or MBA
- Financial accounting experience in a manufacturing industry
- Experience with Oracle Enterprise Business Solution, Hyperion, and Mirosoft Office
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Alcoa (NYSE: AA) is a global industry leader in bauxite, alumina and aluminum products, with a strong portfolio of value-added cast and rolled products and substantial energy assets. Alcoa is built on a foundation of strong values and operating excellence dating back nearly 130 years to the world-changing discovery that made aluminum an affordable and vital part of modern life. Since inventing the aluminum industry, and throughout our history, our talented Alcoans have followed on with breakthrough innovations and best practices that have led to efficiency, safety, sustainability and stronger communities wherever we operate.